We all know that one of the most annoying things in the world is a common cold.
Your body starts to feel weak and you get a sore throat and all congested!
If it is a bad cold you may have a high temperature, not have any appetite and suffer from headaches.
How bad you suffer depends on your health and the weather. Most of us have heard of ‘Mums’ home-made chicken soup’ to get rid of a cold, but take a look at these other home remedies that also work:
• Vitamin C – Large amounts of Vitamin C when you have a cold really helps to reduce the time that you are feeling ill and also minimize the symptoms you are feeling. If you take Vitamin C daily this can also help prevent colds.
• Your diet – This may sound like an obvious one but eat lots of fruit & veg. Try and avoid foods that are very starchy and that contain cheese meat and eggs. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids including vegetable juices and fruit juices. Nuts and seeds are also very good to eat.
• Ginger Tea – This is a brilliant remedy for a cold. Not only does it reduce your fever but it will help to soothe your throat. Simply boil the kettle, put hot water, ginger root, leaves and sugar into a cup and you will have yourself a cup of ginger tea!
• Lemon – Packed full of Vitamin C, lemon juice reduces the harmfulness of the cold and helps your immune system battle illnesses. Adding a spoonful of honey to a glass of warm lemon water will provide even better results.
• Garlic – Garlic contains antiseptic qualities which help get rid of toxins from your body and it can also help with breathing problems. There are many ways to eat garlic, however you can use garlic oil and ingest it 2/3 times per day or you can make a soup with garlic cloves (boiling around 4 cloves in a cup of water.)
• Apple cider vinegar – This method works by inhaling the fumes from the liquid. Pour equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water in a pan and boil. When the liquid starts to boil lean over and breathe in the fumes and this should help to clear your stuffy nose.
How healthy you are will determine how likely you are to catch a cold.
Other factors like major changes in temperatures and dust or pollen in the air are also factors in how likely you are to catch a cold. If you are sleep deprived or depressed you are also more at risk.
Getting plenty of rest and sticking to a healthy balanced diet will give you a good chance of keeping colds away and where possible get plenty of sunshine!
Natural Home Remedy for Colds
Cayenne, Fenugreek Seeds, Lemon Juice & Manuka Honey
How the Remedy Works
The common cold is a viral infection that many people suffer from in the winter months. Its symptoms include a persistent cough, a runny nose, headaches and tiredness.
While there are no known cures for the common cold, this cayenne, lemon juice, manuka honey and fenugreek seeds remedy can help soothe many of its symptoms in the following ways:
1. Cayenne: Cayenne is a powerful decongestant and pain reliever which can help ease the congestion, headaches and sore throat that often come with the common cold.
2. Fenugreek Seeds: Studies have shown that fenugreek seeds can relieve almost all the symptoms associated with the common cold.
3. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice contains high levels of vitamin C – a nutrient that strengthens your immune system and helps it fight the common cold.
4. Manuka Honey: Manuka honey’s antiviral properties help your body recover from the common cold at a faster rate.
How to Prepare the Remedy
1. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey, 1 teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder to a cup of boiling water, let it steep for 5 minutes and drink it.
2. Drink this remedy up to 4 times per day until the symptoms of the common cold subside.
“Natural home remedies for colds are fairly easy to prepare and can save you lots of money by not having to go out and purchasing high ticket over the counter cures.”
Home remedies for Cold
Home remedies for Yeast Infection
Home remedies for Sunburn
Home remedies for Acne
Home remedies for Sleep
Home remedies for Warts