When our sebaceous glands produce too much oil, the pores of our skin become blocked and inflamed.
Acne is something that is very common in adults as well as teenagers and these pimples, white-heads and blackheads happen when oil is mixed with dead skin cells which are continuously being sloughed off.
Our diets are a major factor in how our skin is affected, if you don’t have a balanced diet and don’t eat lots of fruit and veg or drink lots of water and exercise, skin diseases such as acne can occur.
You should also avoid things such as too much alcohol, tea and coffee.
In some cases due to hormonal imbalances and other situations that are out of our control, your skin can develop problems, but you don’t always have to buy expensive products to clear up your skin troubles.
Have a look at some of these home remedies for acne that you may want to try:
1) Green Tea – The antioxidants that are present in green tea fight the “free radicals” that damage your tissue and skin cells. Green tea which is a natural antioxidant can be really favourable in preventing acne and hasn’t got any bad side effects.
2) Brewer’s Yeast – This is a mineral which helps control how you process sugar within the body. If you were to sprinkle a small amount (around 2 teaspoons) of this on your breakfast cereal each morning it will help clear your skin and avert the build up of bacteria which is what causes acne. One thing to bear in mind is this contains chromium.
3) Oatmeal – If you apply cooked and cooled oatmeal to your face (as a sort of face mask) for around 15 minutes this will draw impurities and oil from your skin. Finish by washing it off with water. This is a remedy that has been around for years to help with skin irritations.
4) Aloe Vera – This is something that can be used twice a day as a skin cleanser. It is also know to reduce scaring as the gel/juice that is present in the plant helps to heal skin problems like acne.
5) Apple Cider Vinegar – The acid that is present in apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and takes away the excess oil that is present on the face. It also helps to clean facial pores.
6) Egg Whites – This may sound strange but you apply this to your skin as you would a face mask and then rinse off after a few minutes with water. This works as egg whites are a natural astringent.
Acne can be a major problem for a lot of people and it can make you feel really unsociable as you don’t want to go outside with big spots/sores on your face.
What most people tend to do is stay home and feel sorry for themselves and eat things they shouldn’t eat, which will only make the situation worse!
What you should try and do instead, is give yourself a pampering session with some of the home remedies for acne that are above or below and see if these treatments help.
“Some of these may work for you and some even more so than the expensive treatments you can buy over the counter.”
Acne Natural Remedy
Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Manuka Honey & Lemon Juice
Acne is a skin disorder that develops when the sebaceous glands of the skin become infected or inflamed and cause red pimples to develop on the surface of the skin.
This baking soda, cinnamon, manuka honey and lemon juice remedy helps to treat acne in the following ways:
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda helps to treat acne by exfoliating your skin, unblocking your pores and getting rid of dead skin.
2. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant that helps to repair the damage caused by acne.
3. Manuka Honey: Manuka honey helps to treat acne by reducing the build up of bacteria in your pores and preventing inflammation on your skin.
4. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice helps to treat acne by drying out and disinfecting your skin.
How to Prepare The Remedy
1. Combine 5 tablespoons of manuka honey, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
2. Apply the mixture to the acne for 5 minutes and then wash it clean with warm water.
3. Use this remedy daily until the acne subsides.
Home remedies for Cold
Home remedies for Yeast Infection
Home remedies for Sunburn
Home remedies for Acne
Home remedies for Sleep
Home remedies for Warts